Friday, December 4, 2009

A Frightening Quote from Too Big To Fail



I have been reading Andrew Ross Sorkin's Too Big To Fail.

The following is a quote from the book regarding Lehman Brothers:
"While the firm did employ a well-regarded chief risk officer, Madelyn Antoncic, who had a PhD in economics and had worked at Goldman Sachs, her input was virtually nil. She was often asked to leave the room when issues concerning risk came up at executive committee meetings."

I added the bold face. Perhaps there is some explanation, but more than a bit odd...no frightening. At least for anyone who had lent money to Lehman brothers.

1 comment:

  1. It is really interesting to read all this, as we get a lot of experience from this. I have been trading since last few years; I always love to read these stuff, as it keeps me motivated. I trade with OctaFX broker, and they help me much more with the solid guides while they also got brilliant demo contest in cTrader, it is really solid with having 400 dollars prize while also ample space for me to do practicing with ease.

    ReplyDelete